Alamo Colleges ITS is currently implementing a new voicemail system. This project is replacing older, end of life equipment and adding capacity to the Voice Mail system. Your voice mailbox is scheduled to be transitioned to the new system on Wednesday 11/19/2014 after business hours.
You must take these steps to complete your transition and activate your new Voice Mailbox.
1. Last thing before you leave work Wednesday 11/19/2014 please check all your voice mails. Please make any necessary notes relating to your voice mails. All old voice mails will be inaccessible after the cut over.
2. First thing in the morning follow the procedure to record your new voice mail greeting and password (new password will be your extension. Ex 210-485-3333 pass = 53333)
3. Procedure is at end of this document and Attached to the email.
Once you have set up your new voice mailbox you will receive your voicemails on your phone, same as before. You will have the same orange blinking notification button but there some system differences:
1. The voice prompts and menus are a little different; however the system prompts will still verbally guide you through the process of using your mailbox. You will be able to do all the basic functions by just following the prompts.
2. We have attached some help guides so that you can familiarize yourself with the new system.
The most significant change that you should be aware of is how you check your voicemail from outside Alamo Colleges. Instead of dialing your own phone number, you will dial an External Access Number 210-485-0005. And input your extension and password, to listen to your messages. The Access Number is 210-485-0005. This information is included in your documentation.
Alamo Colleges Information Technology Services